Working on behalf of the condominium industry and its residents, CCI's objectives are:
- To Educate…through educational courses, seminars and networking all designed to equip condominium directors, homeowners and suppliers with the skills and knowledge necessary to conduct the affairs of a condominium corporation in a proper and diligent manner.
- To Offer Professional Assistance…members may appeal to CCI for information and direction on resolving condominium problems or for referrals to appropriate professionals and services.
- To Improve Legislation Affecting Condominiums…CCI's Provincial Legislative Committees are constantly working with provincial governments in order that they produce legislation that reflects the improvements required to properly protect directors and condominium homeowners.
- To Development Standards…CCI has developed standards of competence in six key areas pertaining to condominium life. These spheres cover law, accounting, property management, insurance, real estate and building sciences. Through education and examination, CCI extends Professional Associate status upon those of its members who attain the required standard (ACCI)
What Can CCI Do For You?
The Northern Saskatchewan Chapter of CCI provides unit owners and directors with the following information:
- Practical examples on how to deal with the many issues that arise in a condominium corporation. The board members of the Chapter are all volunteers that are accessible to you for advice. The majority of the board are unit owners themselves, therefore they are able to relate to important issues that may arise within your corporation.
- Courses, workshops, and seminars on the legal interpretation of the Condominium Properties Act, Insurance for Condominiums, Director's Responsibilities, management of Reserves, and Budgeting. Throughout the year, the Northern Saskatchewan Chapter offers seminars that are designed to inform unit owners and directors of relevant condominium issues. In additition, a semi-annual newsletter is distributed to CCI members to help keep them up-to-date on news from the condominium industry.
- A voice that will act on your behalf before various levels of government or other bodies on matters of vital concern to the condominium community. Currently, the Northern Saskatchewan Chapter has a liaison on the taxation committee that is forwarding information to other board members.