News & Upcoming Events
Annual General Meeting & Seminar
Thursday, October 12, 2017
Time: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm (registration starts at 6:30 pm)
Location: Community Church of the Nazarene, 3042 Louise Street East, Saskatoon
Ask The Experts presenters/speakers will be available in the areas of:
- Lawyer – General CPA & Regulation issues (what’s new?)
- Accountant – Year End Financials
- Insurance Broker – Master and unit policy requirements, coverages & pitfalls
- Reserve Fund Study – why, when and how come so much money??
- Banking & Financing – Earning interest on reserve monies & financing projects
- Property Management – is a professional necessary – what are options?
- HVAC – what changes are coming for ac units?
- Saskatoon Fire Inspector – Fire Code requirements & enforcement
The panel members will each give a short “interesting story” in their area of expertise – after all case studies/stories are spent we will open floor to general questions.
Coffee & Donuts served
$10.00 each all currently registered NS-CCI members
$100 for single non-members/$120 non-member couples
($100 non-member registration cost may be credited to 2017-2018 new membership)
The Great Canadian Condo Contest
Enter your Condominium into the Great Canadian Condo Contest for a chance to win the bragging rights for living in the Best Condominium in your CCI Chapter and/or in the Best Condominium in Canada.
How does it work?
Click here, provide us with a photograph of your condominium and a brief description telling us why your condo is Canada's best.
Prizes are awarded on both the local chapter AND National Levels.
- Each of the 17 CCI Local Chapter Winners will receive a plaque for their condominium/strata to display AND a $150.00 Tim Hortons Card to hold a casual get together at your condominium for all owners.
- From the 17 Winners at the local level, the condominium with the most votes will be declared the National Winner, and will receive larger plaque and a Tim Hortons Card in the amount of $250.00.
How to vote?
Simply visit the Voting Site and browse through the submissions listed. When you hover over over an image, simply click on the View Details button to view a larger photograph, and to read why this condominium should be Canada's Best.
To vote for a condominium of your choice, just click on vote for best condo. You are allowed to vote only once! However, if you change your mind, simply vote for another condo, and your original vote will be erased.
- July 14 - launch
- September 30 - deadline for application
- October - local AGM announces winners
- October 20 - National Winner announced at AGM
- November - local prizes sent to winners
Condominium Industry Celebrates CCI's 35th Anniversary!
CCI was highlighted in leading publication CondoBusiness with a congratulatory piece about our anniversary.
"The Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI), a national, independent non-profit organization that deals exclusively with condominium issues, is celebrating its 35th anniversary this year.
Established in 1982 with five chapters, CCI's objectives include to create and curate content, educate, advocate and facilitate community. CCI assists its members using education, information dissemination, publications, workshops, conferences and technical assistance. It also encourages and provides objective research for practitioners and government agencies regarding all aspects of condominium operations, lobbies provincial and federal governments for improvements to legislation, and advocates for higher standards in all services to the condominium client.
CCI will be celebrating its 35th anniversary all year. Some of the features of the anniversary and associated events it has planned include the Great Canadian Condo contest, an online contest that will be launching soon; two Leaders Forums for CCI chapter leaders in Fredericton and Thunder Bay; a new logo celebrating its 35th anniversary; a social media campaign featuring the 150 greatest condo moments, which will be launched on June 1; and an Anniversary Awards Dinner, which will be held in Thunder Bay in October 2017.
The latest CCI chapter, Grand River, will be the Institute's 17th chapter. The region that is currently serviced by the Golden Horseshoe chapter has seen rapidly growing membership. As a result, effective July 1, 2017, that region will be serviced by two chapters: the new Grand River chapter, which has 435 members, and the existing Golden Horseshoe chapter."